Monday, July 23, 2012

Dollywood

I decorated a cake – a little 6 inch cake with a fish on it. Technically I could cross this off the list right now, but I am going to wait until next weekend when I decorate another cake for a baby shower.  A giraffe cake has been requested and yesterday I practiced making a giraffe.  Rocky seemed to really enjoy the first one as he stood up on the table and licked it clean as I was making another batch of frosting.  I also bought a couple of new cake pans, the icing tip, some new colors, and a frosting bag.  I might be slightly addicted. 

We made some cupcakes this past Thursday.  They were pretty good and I had fun making them - I got pretty good reviews on the frosting as well.

The last Intro class is this week and I may take the next group of classes as well, but not next month.  I think I need a little break.  I feel like I have been out “late” every night for the last few weeks with work, teaching, and the cake class.  I have tried to make up for that by not doing much of anything on the weekends.  This past weekend I cleaned the house all day on Saturday and went to see The Dark Knight Rises on Sunday – that was about it. 

We finally planned our trip to Pigeon Forge as well.  We booked a cabin – my rule was I wanted a Jacuzzi and The Hubby wanted a pool table.  I also wanted it to look like a cabin, inside and out.  Some of them looked more like a “house” on the inside and I wanted the wooden floors and walls – the whole nine yards.  My family is going to come and stay with us in September and I am excited to see them.  I especially want to see Payton who will probably be walking by then at the rate he is growing! We watched the travel channel last night and they were showing roller coasters and two came up from Dollywood.  The Hubby is excited for that.  I will be keeping my feet firmly planted on the ground holding on to everyone’s purse.  J


No comments:

Post a Comment