Sunday, July 29, 2012

Giraffe.

I am officially crossing something else off the list – yeah! Yesterday I officially made my “fancy cake” (#2).  It was a chocolate cake and it was apparently very good.  I had a little sliver of it myself, but after making all of the icing and taste testing it I did not want any more sweets! I did learn a valuable lesson: Don’t use cake labeled “Super Moist.”  The cake was so soft I thought I was doomed as it fell apart.  Luckily The Hubby was around and he was able to help me with flipping it over and leveling it out.  Overall, I think it took me about 2.5 hours.  Sounds like a lot of time, but it was fun.  Another cake has already been requested for October and I have already been thinking of ideas. J


It is starting to look like Wilton has exploded in my kitchen at times.  I may be getting carried away with purchasing cake decorating items.  I ended up getting a “tool box” to hold all of the spatulas, icing colors, icing tips, etc.  I also have a turntable and most recently I purchased a stand that can hold the different icing bags while I am decorating.  I ended up having to clean out a cabinet in the kitchen – the liquor cabinet- in order to store all of the items.  No, I did not drink everything; I just moved it all down to the cabinet downstairs. The good news is that I have been getting tons of coupons so I have not paid full price for anything.  I did sign up to take the second class and that starts on Monday August 6th, 2012.  I decided not to take a break in between the classes.  I find cake decorating to be fun and relaxing – a nice little “stress reliever.”  I am excited to learn how to make some different kinds of flowers and starting working with fondant. 

I decided to cross something else off the list as I feel as if I have “become a hugger.”  (#25) Last night I had to hug everyone in the group before I left for the night.  That would not have been something I did in the past.  I would accept the hug, but I did not initiate the hug.  I know that seems like an odd goal to have, but you don’t know the group I hang out with! Everyone hugs! J  I am glad that I have become more comfortable with accepting and receiving hugs.  I love that the group is so supportive of both The Hubby and I.  I feel like I have developed an amazing family here in the “Dirty South” and am grateful to have them as I am so far away from the rest of my family. 

1 comment: