Saturday, February 4, 2012

8 weeks

It’s Saturday night and I am home alone drinking a glass of wine.  At some point in my life I became okay with that.   Now don’t go thinking that I never want to leave my house again on the weekend and I have become “old”! I have just been busy. I work two jobs so I am sometimes at work on the weekend when the group is hanging out.  Geographically we are now the only couple left in Charlotte so that can pose an issue at times with transportation, travel, and convenience.  Never fear though – I will have the opportunity to socialize tomorrow at BLee’s Superbowl Par-tay! I have spent the entire last week in a hotel room by myself so I am sure that I talked the Hubby’s ear off when I got here yesterday.  I felt like I had a million things to say and most of it was trivial and did not matter – I just needed to talk to someone. Ha ha! J

The Hubby and I did go shopping today and he bought me my Birthday present.  I am now the proud owner of a Coach purse- a Soho Signature.  Not that I know what that means exactly, but I like it and that is all that matters. Thank you to my Hubby for being so thoughtful! We continued our shopping trip and I got some shoes, some new shirts, and some new running pants.  It was a big day for me as I very rarely spend money on myself! We did make one other purchase.  We bought a picture frame.  I had decided that I wanted to create our last name, much like that from alphabetphotography.com, but I wanted to take the pictures ourselves (#22).  We were on a mission last weekend on our trip to Knoxville, TN to find some “letters.”  We found a few good options; it is harder than it looks! We are on our way to spelling our name with this “E” – a streetlight.

As for the rest of the list, there has not been a whole lot of progress.  I did run a few times while staying at the hotel.  The 10K (#17) is officially 8 weeks away as of today, so I need to get some better motivation! I am going to start my volunteer program (#20) at the end of the month – more about that later as I don’t even really know what I am getting into at this point.  I am however well on my way to becoming a regular at church (#28) and my volunteer activity will only help that along as well. J I have been diligent about sending cards/letters to the various and wonderful people in my life for their birthdays, but I know that I want to expand on that. (#30)  I know that I love getting a piece of mail that is not a bill and I want to make others feel special as well. 

1 comment: