Sunday, January 22, 2012

20 Seconds of Courage

To be honest, I don’t feel like I accomplished a whole lot this week.  It was a long week at work with a few late nights, although Wednesday night was late because we went to a movie!  A group of girls from work and I went to see “We Bought a Zoo.”  Now, I will admit that I got a little teary eyed a few times – it is a pretty emotional movie.  I am not going to spoil it for you, but I will tell you that they bought a zoo. J I do feel that I was able to learn a lesson from the movie.  He was explaining to his son that sometimes you just have to find the courage, 20 seconds of courage.  It made me think about my “30 before 30” list in a way.  There are several things on there that I am terrified of and to be honest I think I may have used my 20 seconds of courage just putting them on the list, but I know I am going to have to dig deep for some more courage to get those tasks accomplished. 

Saturday night we went to a fundraiser at our church.  A 6 year old girl passed away from a brain tumor last month and they had an Italian dinner to raise money to help with the medical expenses.  We decided to go, well I decided that we would go, as a way to try and get to know some other people from our church as well as I am always up for a cause involving children.  The Hubby and I also had the pleasure of getting to know a couple from the church that sat at our table.  They too had a young daughter that had been through much of the same medical treatments for her brain tumor and today she is a happy and beautiful five year old girl.  Sometimes I am amazed by the turns that life can take and only hope that there is a plan in it for all of us.

I really have not made any progress on anything from my list this week.  I did officially sign up for the Cooper River Bridge Run and I found a 10K training program.  It is an 8 week program, but I have 10 weeks so I am going to warm up to the program – ha ha.  My plan is to start going back to the gym on a regular basis tomorrow and next week I will be staying at a hotel all week for a training and I made sure that it had a treadmill so I can continue to prepare.  I did go to church again this weekend – third weekend in a row so I am on my way to becoming a regular. I signed up to help with the Youth Program because I am not around teenagers enough as it is… (what was I thinking?!?!?!) I took some more pictures today and I think this week went a little better than last. Well, now that I look at it I did get a lot done this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment