Monday, February 13, 2012

363 days.

I ran tonight.  It actually felt pretty good.  I have been attempting an 8 week training schedule that I found online for the 10K.  Today was 2.5 miles of pure joy. :) Well, not exactly joy – I basically have a love/hate relationship with running.  It is the only time of day that I really don’t think about anything, other than the act of running and the time I have left.  Lately I have had A LOT on my mind so it has been a relief to have thirty minutes or so of “mindless time.”  I do have to convince myself to go to the gym because it means taking a break from work, which has been a difficult task for the last few weeks, but once I am there I am happy I made the decision.  The Hubby has been pushing me to spend more time on me and ironically, my staff at work have as well.  They banned together and purchased me a Groupon for THREE 60 minute massages.  I am super excited! I plan on taking a mental health day away from my job in mental health next Monday and getting a massage.  I might even spend some time with the Hubby since he I home from work that day as well… maybe.

 I officially have 363 days to complete my 30 before 30 list.  I celebrated my 29th birthday last Thursday.  I arrived at work to see that my staff had worked hard to ensure that everyone in the building knew it was my birthday by hanging signs all over the building and decorating my office.  They also gave me a tower of Swiss Rolls (my favorite).  We went to one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, Yamatos, and then it was back to the office to work the rest of the day away.  At the end of the day I came home to some packages I got in the mail from my parents.  My mom made me a wreath using the flowers from our wedding centerpieces and my sister made me a blanket.  The Hubby and I went out for dinner and then we had to go buy dog food at Target – birthdays can’t get in the way of the regular life and the dogs were hungry.  We did have some friends over this Saturday night and we made some homemade pizzas and played Kinect.  Well, the guys made the pizzas while the ladies chatted in the living room – and they made some really good pizzas! It was a good time, I enjoy being able to spend time with friends. 


I continue to work on my List.  I have been running three times in the past week to prepare for the 10K.  Still not anywhere near the goal of a 10 minute mile, well the first mile tonight was 12:30 so actually closer than it has been in the past to that 10 minute goal.  The Hubby has been slowly teaching me to play chess.  We are in the middle of a very intense game that is taking place at the rate of one move a day.  I am sill learning what direction each piece can move, so it is going to be awhile before it becomes a productive game.  For some reason, I have an overwhelming urge to watch Saved by the Bell – you know the one where Screech plays Chess against the Russian exchange student? I will let you think about that…


1 comment: