Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's sleeting!

In honor of Valentine’s Day… The Hubby and I have been together for six years and there was one thing he never bought for me – a flower! He is just not the “romantical” type in the poems, candy, and chocolate kind of way.  He does however, take the garbage out (most of the time), pick up around the house, make sure I have everything I need/want, and he hugs me.  If you have not read “The Five Love Languages” by Gary Chapman, I would highly recommend you pick that book up.  It taught me a lot about our relationship and it gave me a better understanding that EVERYONE shows their love in a different way.  It is hard to “categorize” the Hubby though as he tends to fall into all five groups at some point or another, but overall I think he is “Physical Affection.”  Not to gross you out, but he will reach for my hand (even in public), hugs me whenever possible, and just generally stays near me.  So, on the big day he got me a cute card and a single red rose – so I got my flower. J


I ran 3.5 miles on Saturday. I am going to repeat that because I have never been able to make that statement before- I ran 3.5 miles on Saturday.  It took me 43 minutes so by no means am I going to be breaking any speed records anytime soon, but I finished it.  I have been following an 8 week training course that bumps up .5 miles on Saturdays, so next Saturday is 4 miles.  I am pretty proud of my accomplishment.  I used to be afraid of running, afraid of 1 mile, and now that just feels like a warm up.  Someday I may even run for an hour without slowing down to a walk!


I am really trying to reduce the stress in my life, but it does not seem to be going away.  All I can do is change how I handle my stress and what I do to deal with it.  This week has been especially busy at work.  To make a long story short, there was a lot thrown onto my plate at one time and I had a short amount of time to do it in – story of my life right?!?!? The next few weeks are not going to be any easier, but all I can do is just keep knocking it out one task at a time.  I have some giant “TO DO” lists!  I hate that I am using work as an excuse for not getting much else done right now, but I just get overwhelmed by it at times.  I have been getting better at taking time for myself, usually when I am running.  I am making a general effort to be in a better mood – yes, it does take effort to be in a good mood at times.  Let's just hope I don't turn into this guy... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment