Saturday, January 7, 2012

Run Forrest Run!

I went for a run today… well I guess technically it was a jog/walk/run.  I have a few different routes I could take when I leave my front door and I chose the 2.2 mile route today – it took forty minutes. No good. Still have a lot of work before I can get to that ten minute mile. Lesson learned: Don’t stop running. A year ago I was not a great runner, but I had made some definite progress.  In order to achieve this goal of my list I will need to become more like Forrest Gump and less like Fat Albert. 


I made some other minimal progressions on the list this week.  I did do some volunteer work… I kept score at the Hubby’s volleyball game.  Not quite what I had in mind when I put that on the list, but it is a step in the right direction. J I spoke with a friend of mine that teaches a pottery class and he has agreed to assist me with that goal.  Now I just have to find the time to attend his class! It will be done!
 

The Hubby and I had a conversation last night about some projects we want to tackle around the house as well. I would like to “finish” the basement and get some new furniture down here.  When the boys were here for the Hubby’s bachelor party they were shocked and amazed to see our current couches and said something like “If you only knew what has happened on those…”  Needless to say I swiftly disinfected them, but now it is time to start fresh.  We have some other changes planned to include a ceiling fan in the bedroom, maybe some painting and new carpets.  I will keep you posted. 
 

I do want to say thank you for all of the words of encouragement and all of the offers of help in achieving my list.  I appreciate the encouragement and am sure that I will need the continued encouragement throughout the next year. As for now, time to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment