Monday, January 16, 2012

My precious...

As you may have noticed, my Hubby is not even a follower of my blog. I have decided to let that one slide as he has agreed to get me a Coach purse for my birthday.  Now, I am not a very fashionable person and this will be the most expensive purse I have ever owned.  I just don’t want you to think that I go around demanding these types of things on a daily basis – typically I only demand to be fed! J

It was a busy week at work, so I do not feel as if I had the opportunity to make much progress on my list.  We did attend mass last Sunday and again this Sunday. I suppose you could say that I am on my way to becoming a “regular” as there are now people that I recognize.  I will admit there was some added stress during mass last week as there have been some updates to the service since my last attendance (shows you how long it has been since I went) and I did manage to say the wrong responses a few times.  I was better with the “flow” this week and felt more comfortable overall.  I will admit that I was kind of overwhelmed last week by not knowing that I missed most of the messages.   This week was much more comfortable and I left there feeling uplifted and excited for the rest of the day. 

The Hubby had his first mountain bike race of the year on Sunday and it gave me a good opportunity to practice with my camera.  I got a few good shots in and hope to do some reading and practicing this week so I can get some better ones next weekend! He didn’t do as well as he would have liked (24 out of 31) but he did improve over last year and I am sure that he will continue to get better. 

I did officially decide on a race with some heavy persuasion from a friend.  I will be participating in the Cooper River Bridge Run - http://www.bridgerun.com/ - on March 31, 2012.  Yes, I do realize that it exceeds my goal of participating in a 8K, but there are not may 8Ks out there and I will be able to work on my fear of bridges at the same time! Double Bonus! 



I have also been working on my goal of becoming a “hugger.”  We have a group of friends that we are with almost every weekend and it seems as if everyone hugs each other upon arrival and exit.  It has become a known fact that I am not generally a “hugger” and I have been skipped over on greetings due to that fact.  I don’t think it was intentional by any means, but it made me aware.  This past Saturday night before I left I initiated a hug with everyone that was there and was told that me hugging them was like getting a hug from a little kid – not sure what that meant exactly, but I think it means my hugs are precious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment