Monday, January 2, 2012

It's just the beginning...


I decided to start writing a blog again and my hubby informed me that a blog needs to have some sort of theme.  He also said that it needs pictures, but that might be because he is illiterate.  I took this into careful consideration, as I do everything that he says, and have come up with a plan. I am terrible at making resolutions because I just feel guilty in the end when I am not able to keep the resolution.  I tried making broad resolutions, but then I feel unaccomplished.  I like to cross things off a list. Yes, I am that person that will write something on the list simply to cross it off.  I thought I was being clever with the idea of making a list of thirty things I wanted to do before I turned 30; however, through extensive research I have found it to be cliché.  None the less, I am making the list and we will see what I can get accomplished in the next 14 months.  (Drum roll please) In no particular order…  

1)      Visit New York City.

2)      Decorate a “fancy” cake, - This one might require a little more effort, like attending a class.  I love to bake and would like to be able to decorate a cake with sugar flowers, animals, roses – you know, all that “fancy” stuff.  

3)      Learn to play “Wonderwall” by Oasis on the guitar. - I looked up “easy songs on the guitar” and this one came up.  I am not hoping for a miracle, just want to play.

4)      Cross the “Mile High Swinging Bridge” at Grandfather Mountain. - For those of you that know me, I have a fear of bridges that I can see through. Odd I know, and there is not a technical name for this fear, but it exists.  This particular bridge is high on the list of fear due to the height, the swinging, and the fact it is “see through.”

5)      Drive a convertible. - Maybe even a “fancy” one. J


6)      Shoot a gun.

7)      Run a 10 minute mile.

8)      Learn how to use my DSLR camera on the manual setting. - The camera was a wedding present last year from the hubby.  I have taken one class and learned a little, but there is a lot more to learn!  

9)      Take a dance lesson. - This one might require the hubby as well. 

10)  Try acupuncture.

11)   Be able to do thirty push ups in a row.

12)  Stop drinking soda.

13)  Read Atlas Shrugged. – The hubby’s favorite book.  It looks like such a daunting task I have not been able to pick it up.

14)  Get my scrapbook up to date and keep it up to date.

15)  Sing a song of karaoke by myself in a public setting. – Sobriety optional.

      16)  Learn to play Chess.

17)  Complete an 8K.

18)  Learn to Crochet.

19)  Cook an “involved meal” – over 10 ingredients. J

20)  Volunteer.

21)  Take a wine tasting course.

22)  Find/Take pictures to create our last name. – This one might not make sense to all, but you know those creative pictures where they make an object look like a letter – that’s what I mean.

23)  Watch/Photograph the sunset from somewhere incredible.


24)  Make a difference in someone’s life.

25)  Become a “hugger.” – I am not a “hugger” and it has become obvious to me lately that I am in the minority in my small cluster of friends. I want that to change.

26)  Go apple picking and bake an apple pie from scratch with said apples.

27)  Make a piece of pottery on a pottery wheel.

28)  Become a “regular” at church.

29)  Keep up with this blog and writing.

30)  Use my entire stash of stationary by sending out “snail mail.” 

Let’s see how this goes. This list may change over time and may require some altering if we are able to accomplish one other thing that is on our list. ;)  

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!! You have done a pretty courageous thing by starting a blog and putting yourself out there. I love the idea of your list and wish I would have done something like that for my 30th but oh well that its next month! I'm know a wonderful lady who could help you out with a few areas, Grandma is pretty awesome! Would love to see the public singing happen ;). Good luck on your list and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can already cross one off, number 24. You make a difference everyday in someones life by working either one of your jobs. And you've made a difference in my life just by being the great friend that you are!!!

    ReplyDelete