Friday, July 6, 2012

Star Light, Star Bright


I am in love – with the idea of decorating cakes.  I had my first class last night and I watched her make icing, level a cake, and decorate.  I learned how to fill the icing bag and then proceeded to make about 100 stars on my cookies, the practice board, and the table since I was having so much fun.  I know that it sounds simple enough and probably boring to some, but I enjoyed myself and am very excited about all the ideas I have in my head.  As soon as class was out I purchased some 6 inch cake pans, icing colors, and some other ingredients to make my own icing at home – which by the way was WAY better than the store bought kind I purchased for class.  My wonderful friend Allison has “commissioned” me to make a cake for her baby shower at the end of the month.  A giraffe cake has been requested and I have been doing research – I am excited as this will knock something off my list as well when I decorate a fancy cake! 



In other exciting news, I finally own a pair of pink running shoes! Again, this may be trivial to the average reader but when you wear a size 11 or 12 it is hard to run across a cute pair of shoes when out shopping.  I have always had to plan way ahead when purchasing shoes for dances at school and I have always bought men’s running shoes – meaning blue.  Nothing is more embarrassing than having to wear the same tennis shoes as the boy at the next locker.  I also bought some cute blue/green shoes as they were both half off so I was able to justify it as a BOGO purchase.  Extra bonus is The Hubby bought some orange tennis shoes and as I can wear the same size as he I can now “borrow” his shoes as well. 



I have been slack at keeping up with this blog, but at the same time I have not had anything very important to say.  I have had a few moments of feeling overwhelmed by all of the things left to accomplish on my list.  I don’t know if I will be able to get it all done, but I do know that I have tried things and done things that I would not have done without the list in mind. I would not have attended the cake decorating class without the extra “push.”  I would not have volunteered for the High School Youth Group at church and would have missed out on meeting all of the amazing youth.  I am grateful for the progress I have made and I look forward to what I am able to accomplish from the rest of the list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment