Saturday, March 16, 2013

Catching up...


Well, it has been over three months since I wrote last and A LOT has happened in that short amount of time.  Unfortunately, I did not manage to knock too much more off the list… most of what is left will have to wait until I am no longer a human incubator. J The biggest news is the Hubby and I are expecting our first – and second- baby! The irony is that when I wrote the blog in late November about my struggles with infertility, I was actually pregnant.  The pregnancy was confirmed through (multiple) tests on November 24, 2012.  I should have planned that a little better though because the Hubby was in Illinois for the weekend and he learned the news by way of me blurting it out over the phone while he was surrounded by friends – and of course I told him that he could not react or tell anyone.  Poor guy, at least I was home alone to cry my tears of joy. 

I had the “confirmatory” appointment on Deceber7th, 2012.  The Hubby couldn’t come with me so he texted me about 20 minutes in and asked if it was “confirmed.”  The words “You are Pregnant” were never said, but I peed in a cup and they came back to me with about 50 pamphlets of information and a list of what not eat, so I assumed that was a yes.  Then they gave me a “due date” of August 4, 2013.  I scheduled another appointment for December 21, 2012.  That was our first glimpse of my little passengers.  About two seconds into the ultrasound, the tech goes “Do you see what I see?” and I said, “I see two,”  She confirmed that I was in fact not losing my mind and I immediately cried again.  She asked if I was okay and I admitted the fear I was feeling due to a friend that had recently had a fairly rough pregnancy with identical twins that were still in the hospital at that point.  She said “honey you don’t have to worry about that, your little guys are di-di.”  Ironically, I felt relief when I honestly had no idea what that meant at the time.  Di-di stands for dichorionic and diamniotic – meaning they are in two separate sacks and most importantly, they carry the lowest risk of complications in twin pregnancies.  We both did pretty well about keeping the pregnancy quiet up until this point, but I couldn’t keep it to myself any further.  We told my parents that night by having them open some Christmas ornaments that we had sent in the mail that said “Grandma” and “Grandpa.”  Needless to say they were pretty excited.  We told his parents the next evening when they came to our house for Christmas.  We had planned to wait until Christmas Day, but I was having trouble keeping quiet – as well as staying awake and keeping my pants buttoned.  Not to mention at that point I was eating pretty much everything in sight!

So, needless to say there are a few things on the list that are going to have to wait until the fall at least.  I asked the doctor specifically about using my Groupon for the Lake Norman Range and I received a “no,” so we gave those away and shooting a gun (#6) will just have to wait.  The wine tour/tasting (#20) will have to wait as well.  Karaoke (#15) more than likely will not happen until the fall either as I am 99% sure I will not get on a stage without a few drinks in my system.  Although – they wouldn’t “boo” a pregnant girl would they?!  I do think that I have Made a Difference in Someone’s Life (#24) – in fact I think I am going to make a difference in at least two lives.  My dad told me I should have crossed this one off a long time ago because of the field I work in, but I never specifically felt like I impacted anyone’s life.  I also feel comfortable crossing off the one about using all of my stationary (#30).  I definitely made a huge dent in my stationary; I think using all of it would be over ambitious as I have a TON. I think I have made progress with learning to use my camera and I did make an attempt at learning to crochet and playing the guitar, but I did not completely accomplish those things.  I also did not complete my scrapbook! Something tells me I will have a lot more sitting time on my hands over the next few months and I NEED to get that done before I start baby books.

No comments:

Post a Comment