Sunday, June 3, 2012

Back on Track

Basically I have been terrible at writing lately. I wish I had a good excuse, but I got nothin’ other than I have been busy and I have not had the time/ambition to write. I have made some (minimal) progress on the list during my hiatus from writing. We recently traveled back to Illinois for a baptism, a graduation, and everything in between. We got to play with many babies and visit friends – check out the Hubby’s blog here http://spacecowboy11.blogspot.com/ for much better details and pictures of the trip. He is much better than I at adding pictures to his writing. We spent roughly 30 hours (if not more) in the car together over 11 days and for those of you that don’t know the Hubby he is not much of a talker. I spent much of my time reading (50 Shades of Grey – wow!) and also did some crochet (#18). I attempted to teach myself using the book on the way to Illinois. It was not pretty and I could not get the hang of going back on the row and ended up with a giant chain. My wonderful and beautiful grandmother was able to teach me better in 10 minutes than I managed to accomplish on my own in the car. The trip back to North Carolina was much more productive with crochet but I still do not have anything to show for it – except maybe an eighth of a potholder. Technically, I have learned to crochet I am just not very good at it nor have I actually made anything of substance. Overall I did find the act of crochet to be somewhat relaxing and plan to continue. Also in the car I managed to play a few games of Chess (#16) against the Nook. Surprise, Surprise – I did not win. I do now have a much better grasp of the game and the other night I played again and the game took about 20 minutes compared to the 3 minute games in the car so I am sensing some improvement. I plan to knock that one off the list this week after the Hubby and I sit down and play a game together. We are also very close to accomplishing #22 after taking some pictures in my hometown and are now only short an R and an L to complete our name. We also finally got the pictures printed before we left and they look fabulous hanging on the wall. As the Hubby pointed out tonight, we have been able to accomplish something for basically free that people pay big money for - a bonus as everything else on the list is costing money.

No comments:

Post a Comment