Friday, April 6, 2012

Pinkie Training

I am in desperate need of some strength training for my little finger- and possibly some stretching techniques as well. My Daddy was kind enough to arrange for me to have some guitar lessons during my time back in Illinois this week. I have had two lessons thus far and some practice in the middle - minor progress has been made. He told me that it "sounded better" tonight so I guess that is a plus. I have one more lesson tomorrow and plan to practice some more in the meantime. By no means so I expect to pick up the guitar tomorrow and be able to play "Wonderwall" by Oasis but I am much closer than I was two days ago. I consider the major accomplishment of the lessons is that I know understand the sheet music enough to know where my hands are supposed to be - Winning! :)

Now the real reason I am spending some quality time in Illinois is the arrival of my new little nephew, Payton James Carlson. I will be uploading pictures of the precious bundle later, but I am currently using my mom's work computer and I don't want to upload/download or anything fun like that. He is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen though and he is already desperately in love with his aunt. :) I went to his doctor appointment today and in his four days here in the "real world" he has lost and gained weight, found his fingers, worn at least 14 outfits, rode in car several times, been in an elevator, and came very close to rolling over (I swear he is a genius!). I am happy that I was able to be here for so many firsts in his life as I won't be able to see him but a couple times a year due to the distance in between us. In fact, I am going to go play with him now.

No comments:

Post a Comment