Sunday, April 29, 2012

God's Time

I finally feel as if I can officially cross at least one more thing off my list. I feel as I have officially accomplished Volunteer! I have become an active member of the youth group at my church - which means I am also very close to being able to cross off that Becoming a Regular at Church goal for myself as well. This weekend I went to DYC with the teenagers of St. Thomas Aquinas Youth Group. Hundreds of teenagers from the Charlotte Diocese spent quality time together growing and bonding in thier faith. Many years ago when I was in high school I attended a TEC retreat and I still remember my first time and the impact that it had on me spiritually. I went into this weekend expecting the same feeings again, but it was different. By no means am I saying that it was not a great experience, but there is a difference being a chaperone compared to my retreats as a teenager. I do have to give some amazing props to my youth group teens. They have amazing spirits and some serious SWAGG ;) I did have a moment of revelation while at Adoration. It happened when I looked to my right and saw a bracelet that said "Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses. Ecclesiastes 3:1" I am going to get a little bit personal here. I have been struggling with my emotions in regards to our desire to start a family. Frankly, I am impatient. Reading this bracelet helped me to realize that it is going to happen, it just isn't time yet. I just need to have faith that He knows when the time is right and He will make it happen. In a way, I feel like a little bit of weight has been lifted. If only I could feel less stressed at work as well! I need to look for a scripture verse to help with that as well I guess. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment